When the airplane brings me to Paris, these are the 27 things that I like to do:
1. Going to L’Éclair de Génie for delicious éclairs.
2. Going to Ladurée for the macarons. It is like taking a part in fairy tale. I am the princess and you are the frog. And what if i kiss you?
3. Going to Angelina cafe for l’Africain chocolate and the Mont Blanc. A ritual habit. Don’t think, don’t speak. Just taste and enjoy.
4. Sitting at the steps in front of the Sacre Coeur with many other tourists gazing at the Parisian Rooftops. And when the night falls, you start to fall for everything. J’adore!!!
5. Eating chocolate crepes in Montmartre. How many could you eat?
6. Going for a coffee/drink to the Cafè des Deux Moulins in the rue Lepic because you promised it to Amelie and she is waiting for you.
7. Shopping in the boutiques of Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. The credit card is going to suffer!
8. Thinking of my favorite French film “La Boum” with the hope that I will suddenly meet Sophie Marceau and she will take me to some crazy parties where people dance “Dreams are my reality…The only kind of real fantasy….”
9. Visiting the famous Louvre and the Musée d’Orsay and spending hours inside there.
10. Meeting friends in Rue Oberkampf for some cocktails.
11. Losing my way in Marrais and Saint Germain thinking of Edith Piaf! Non, je ne regrette rien!
12. When it is time for a flea market, all the roads bring me to Les Puces de Saint-Ouen.
13. Walking along the river Seine gazing at the stands of the second-hand dealers.
14. Flicking through books in the bookstore Shakespeare and Company.
15. Enjoying coffee at the famous Café de Flore and Café les deux Magots.
16. Wearing a beret and holding a Baguette under my arm trying to look like a real Parisian girl.
17. Pampering myself with a luxurious breakfast at the Hotel de Crillon.
18. Picnicking in the Jardin du Luxembourg with a candle. SUPER ROMANTIC!!!
19. The Trilogy of Happiness: French wine, French cheese, French baguette! My favorite cheese is Cancoillotte. I love to share it with Ratatouille because he always has something interesting to say about the french haute cuisine!
20. Having a sophisticated French dinner at La Ferrandaise restaurant!
21. Taking pictures of the Eiffel Tour from the Trocadéro, day and night!
22. Visiting the two islands Ile de la Cite and Ile St. Louis reaching to the Notre-Dame Cathedral with an ice cream Berthillon in your hand.
23. Stopping for a break in the Fontaine Stravinsky in front of the Centre George Pompidou.
24. Visiting my favourites Place des Vosges, Place Vendôme, Place de la Concorde, Place Charles de Gaulle, place Madeleine, Place de l’Opéra.
25. Sitting in one of the green chairs in the fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries.
26. The wall of “I love you” in Place des Abbesses. Don’t even dare to miss it! Oui Paris, je t’aime beaucoup aussi er pour toujours!!!
27. Having Picnic (or just bring one bottle of wine and two glasses, it’s enough) on “Pont des Arts” at the sunset. Bring a padlock, write something on it, and lock it forever on the bridge.
Is there anything to add? Have I forgot something? Mon Dieu! The list is endless…