To be honest, I didn’t expect that a trip to France would take place this August. The invitation for an individual press trip to Nice Cote d’Azur that came from Atout France took me by surprise. I’ve been to France many times before, but never in the French Riviera. It felt like it was time to change this.
I flew to Nice from Vienna on a Friday evening and returned on Monday evening. I spent an amazing weekend in Nice. This amazing opportunity, to spend a wonderful weekend in the French Riviera, is possible when you book with Wizz Air.
Did you know that Wizz Air is one of the most sustainable airlines in Europe and is constantly working to keep it that way? More info about it you will find here.
Within 3 days, I managed to explore Nice and its surroundings: Saint Jean Cap Ferrat, Beaulieu, Villefranche and Eze Village. How many exciting things you can do in just 3 days. When I returned to Vienna, my mind and heart was full!
As always, I am happy to provide you with 13 travel tips for Nice Cote d’Azur, and as for the rest, I will let the photos do the talking.
1. Buy a French Riviera Pass. It will save you time and money.
2. First thing to do in Nice Cote d’Azur:
Walk along the world-famous Promenade des Anglais to get a first impression of the city.
3. During the next days of your stay in Nice Cote d’Azur: Explore the old city, downtown, the port and the hills.
4. First thing to do in the early morning: Pay a visit to the flower and vegetable market in Cours Saleya.
Try the local specialties such as: Pan bagnat, Pissaladière and the Fougasse.
5. Visit the Castle Hill. From here, you will be able to see Nice and its surroundings from above.
This is a must!
6. Have dinner at a beach restaurant!
7. Visit a museum in Nice. There are plenty of them, so you need to select the ones that interest you.
I visited the Photography Museum which was located in the heart of the Old Town, exactly next to the flower market.
8. Join a guided tour. This can be a food and wine tour, a tour by bike or by boat.
9. Visit the Greek Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu sur Mer.
10. Visit Eze Village and its exotic garden that offers a breath-taking panorama over the French Riviera and the Mediterranean sea.
SUPPORT MY WORK!
If you enjoy my content and you’d like to support this channel, so that I will be able to continue offering you that kind of content, please consider using the below AFFILIATE LINKS (Booking & Amazon).
If you make a booking with BOOKING.COM with my link or a purchase on AMAZON.COM with my link, I earn a small commission at NO additional cost to you.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for using my affiliate links! Helps a lot!
11. Visit Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and its theme gardens.
Walk down to Saint Jean Cap Ferrat afterwards, and end the day in one of the beaches.
Book your stay in Nice with Booking.com
12. Make a stop above Villefranche sur Mer to admire the panorama and take some photos.
13. For drinks and dinner on a rooftop Bar, head to Hotel Monsigny during sunset time.
Hotel in Nice: The Deck Hotel
Those who are looking more informations, please visit the official website of Nice Tourism Board and follow their Instagram account.
If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer in the comment section below!
*Disclaimer: Individual Press trip organized by Atout France in collaboration with Wizz Air. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This blog post contains affiliate links.