Vienna 20 degrees
When the city blooms and the sun shine in the Viennese sky, I get the feeling that – not only me- but everybody is a bit happier than usual.
In general, 20 degrees in Vienna means:
1. The park is suddenly full of people who lay on the grass.
2. The possibilities of finding a free table to sit outdoors are low.
3. You have to wait in the queue to get an ice cream.
There is something strange happening in this city. During the week days, the weather was beautiful. It was sunny and if you could find the time to lie down outside, you could enjoy the sun, get warm and your skin could finally produce a lot of vitamin D. The strange thing is that when the weekend came, I don’t understand why and how, the weather changed and started to rain. Why, If only I knew but the question is: what to do on a rainy day? A strawberry cake with a friend in a lovely Cafe is always a nice thing to do on a rainy day.
What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Café Diglas am Fleischmarkt Fleischmarkt 16 / 1010 Wien
What is in my beauty case? – I received one email and I was asked about the make up products I use and I thought I should write about it. Well, I don’t like make up that much, I’d rather say I avoid it most of the times, especially when I have to wake up early, I don’t feel like putting a lot of make up on my face. And I believe in natural beauty…!
Nevertheless, I will tell you about some products I use:
As a day cream, I use the “Make a difference plus +” from Origins, every day after I clean my face. Breakfast and day cream go together. This cream keeps my skin soft and hydrated. I first bought this product in Manhattan and fortunately I can find it in Vienna as well.
I am quite pale, so I believe I need a little bit of color on my cheeks. For that purpose, I use the Crème de blush No 2 from Yves Saint Laurent.
Fortunately not all beauty products are expensive. My favorite Volum’ Express Mascara from Maybelline is friendly to our wallets.
And now I am going to reveal my favorite lipsticks….
The No 97 Incandescente from Chanel…so sexy, hot red, french and classy! And the “Im-Passioned” from MAC cosmetics. I love them both. Two more lipsticks that I like are from Yves Saint Laurent: Rouge Volupte No 13 and No 11.
This products fit my colors and skin perfectly, and that doesn’t mean they fit you as well. Try them before you buy them.
Thank you for asking and never forget that happy girls are the prettiest girls and that all you need is a spontaneous smile!♥
If this blog were alive, it would suffer from diabetes. There are only a few entries of this blog that do not have sweets and pastries. This makes it obvious that pastries are a big part of my love, but on the other hand I try hard not to indulge myself and keep in mind that it is also important to keep my figure. In an imaginary world, people would eat as much cupcakes as they want, without gaining any extra kilos.
But anyway, here is one more place that I like in Vienna. It looks like a doll house, a cute and quaint cupcake cafe. Enjoy and spread the love!
cupcakes and kisses
Thursday night in the city. Downtown. Cold. Dark. Late. You go through the central avenues and neighborhoods but there is almost nothing going on. Where are all the people? Do they stay home? Did they sleep already?
You go through the city and there is nothing going on, until you reach the town hall. This golden magically beautiful building, so beautiful that it makes you believe “this is not real”.
Each year the Viennese Ice Dream takes the place of the Christmas markets in front of the town hall. Some food stands remain though, waiting the ice skaters with hot punch and other delicacies.
Do you know how to ice skate? I don’t! You see, I come from a country where we learn how to swim and we are not that familiar with ice and snow. Once I tried and it was fun. The cheerful music in the Rathausplatz invites me to do it again.
When the airplane brings me to Dubai, these are the 9 things that I like to do:
1. Taking a night flight to Dubai and watching palm trees from the window of your airplane. You will not believe it with your own eyes. The craziest thing I have ever seen. Is it true or am I dreaming?
2. Visiting the Palm Jumeirah and then the taxi driver brings me to the Atlantis the Palm Hotel to see the Aquarium and more…so much luxury in one place than I have ever seen anywhere else in the world.
3. Allowing myself a drink in the most luxurious hotel in the world, the 7 star hotel Burj Al Arab. Once in a lifetime experience.
4. Having lunch in The Meat Co restaurant in the Madinat Jumeirah.
5. Trying to wear an abaya and making fun of the way I look. The shop assistant was glad to help me and laughed at me as well because abaya and I don’t mix well at all.
6. Enjoying the night life in Dubai is like participating in the fairy tale of 1001 nights.
7. Watching the tallest building in the world looking high high high above the clouds… the Burj Khalifa skyscraper.
8. And of course experiencing shopping in Dubai’s shopping malls and in Dubai’s souks such as Dubai Gold Souk.
9. Visiting Dubai on February and wearing sandals when you know that it is a freezing cold back in Europe. Don’t forget to change shoes once back in Europe, otherwise people will look at you like an alien.
Although they say that everything in Dubai is artificial, on my opinion it is worth visiting. Every city has something to offer and Dubai is very different from Europe. That’s enough for me to make a place an interesting place to visit.
So this is Christmas and what have you done, another year over, and a new one just begun..
You don’t have to ask yourself when is the right time to visit the capital of Austria. Vienna is famous especially during the Christmas time for its Christmas market, for the decoration and for the festive spirit that you come across all over the city.
“Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy,
is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” Calvin Coolidge
I hope you all have the chance to visit this fantastic city during the Christmas season.
Have a Lovely Happy New Year!