The 500 – Oh, what a day! We went for a stroll around the city, the weather was warm and the sun was shining brightly. We explored some cool places where you can enjoy a drink with a view (stay tuned – posts are coming soon) but what really excited me were two things: a fawn pug with a wrinkly, short-muzzled face that wanted to bite me, or kiss me, or lick me (actually I didn’t understand his intentions) but it was fun anyway and also a vintage Fiat 500! Cute pugs and old cars make Vienna even more beautiful! If you like this photo, you can find more photos on Instagram.
Btw, the mini skirt in the photo below was made by me.
Photo (c) Elena Azzalini Photography
- “Cause you wouldn’t know me today, and you have got to see, to believe, from the fading light I fly”. Conchita Wurst and the song “Rise like a phoenix” is the winner of the Eurovision song contest 2014, that took place in Copenhagen last night. I was very happy to watch the contest with friends in a very beautiful loft in the first district of Vienna. It used to be like an annual ritual, when I was living in Athens, to gather in a place, chat and vote with friends, and having fun together in front of the television. I am happy that the same type of gathering happens in Vienna as well. I don’t know how you find the winning song, but among the others, it was really the one that I liked most. This song has something powerful. The melody which is slow at the beginning and then become stronger gives you the impression that it talks about an achievement, something successful, for something that was lost and found, for someone who is reborn. 12 points from Greece to Austria and next year the European song contest comes to Vienna!
- Do you need to escape from routine for 6 months and travel the world? Swiss Air Lines gives you the opportunity to apply for a dream job and be a Swiss explorer. Just watch the video and you will understand what I am talking about. The video of the advertisement is excellent and the voice of the speaker manages to define the spirit of the job, still we should not fool ourselves that it’s going to be only fun and excitement. It is going to be demanding as well. Would you like to apply? You should hurry, because you can send your application until 28 May, 2014
- Do you know Mary Katrantzou? That Greek girl who managed to establish herself in a very competitive business field in London as a fashion designer. I have watched this video many times and thought I should share it with you, just in case you haven’t see it yet. I like people like Mary who persist and fight for their dreams, no matter what, and people who are creative generally. Challenge yourself to define your limits.
- Do you know what kind of cosmetics you use? Have you ever wondered about what kind of ingredients are they made? I had a very interesting conversation with my student who is concerned about the chemicals that they put into skin care products. She recommended me to check out this page on the web. It is a pity that the context is written in German only. I searched for a button to switch the language but didn’t find anything. Whatever, we should be and stay informed. And the next time you buy a product, take a look at the back side, where the ingredients are..
I have a strange yet awesome story to tell. Few days ago, someone rang the bell of the apartment where I live, and when I went to the door, I heart a male voice saying that there was a delivery. I opened the door, and the delivery boy told me that he has a hard disk to deliver; however the recipient wasn’t me but rather a person who lives on another floor of my building. At the beginning, I wasn’t sure if I should take the package, which belonged to someone else, especially to someone that I don’t know at all. But the delivery boy insisted and begged me so much that it was impossible to say no. He also assured me that he has done it often in the past and that I shouldn’t worry. You see, I was the only person in the whole building at the moment.
So, I received the small parcel and thought that I have to bring it to the owner. Some days later, as I came back home from work, I thought I should try and ring the door of the person to whom the parcel belongs. This person, who happens to be a very talented photographer, opened the door, thanked me for receiving the stuff that he had ordered and all of a sudden invited me to take part in the home dinner that was about to take place and of course I accepted.
We were about nine people and everything was great. Friendly people, warm atmosphere, and excellent service from two butlers. What did I enjoy most? For every dish there was a different wine and since I love sweet wines, I mostly liked the last one which came with the dessert. You see what can happen when you receive a package?♥
Photo by Jakob Reinfeldt
Well, after many grey cold days, sun came back to the Viennese sky yesterday. Jakob, who happens to be a talented photographer and a friend of mine, and I didn’t miss the chance to have a walk around the city. He grabbed his fantastic photo camera (which I am dreaming of having the same) and we snapped some beautiful pictures.
What I especially enjoy very much every time I write this blog is that I have to give a name to each post. I call this one Pandemonium because it is like an explosion of colours. The first photo of this post could have been taken somewhere in Brazil or Murano in the Venetian Lagoon, but no, it was taken in the centre of my beautiful Vienna.♥
Clever decoration full of inspiration, small yet sophisticated. These words describe my new discovery. A piece of Hungarian culture in the center of Vienna.
I had a small talk with Peter who served me my breakfast; he told me that they bring fresh products every day from Budapest. He asked me if I want to drink a cup of coffee and I told him that I never drink coffee. He looked at me weird and I laughed. I am not weird! I am just a special edition!
If you visit Budapest Bistro, don’t forget to check their bathroom, a quote hanging on the wall is waiting for you: “People who love to eat are always the best people.” ― Julia Child
I enjoyed the breakfast on a vintage Sewing Machine Table (see photos below) listening to music from the Budapest Bar.
Coffee And Other Stories
Vienna 20 degrees
When the city blooms and the sun shine in the Viennese sky, I get the feeling that – not only me- but everybody is a bit happier than usual.
In general, 20 degrees in Vienna means:
1. The park is suddenly full of people who lay on the grass.
2. The possibilities of finding a free table to sit outdoors are low.
3. You have to wait in the queue to get an ice cream.
Will you come here with me? In Pure Living Bakery. I would like to show you my new discovery. My new discovery couldn’t be more delicious. A place that I could visit day by day. If you come with me, it will be even better and we might be lucky enough to meet Blue again. Blue is big, he has blue eyes, white soft hair and he likes to play with you (see photos below). You‘ll see, it is going to be a blast!
What I ordered: A dark orange chocolate, the Oreo cake, the banana chocolate cake, one bagel with rucola, cheese and ham! Mahlzeit (good appetite in German)!
Pure Living Bakery, Burggasse 68, 1070 Wien