All photos taken by me
Although I am not a huge ski fan, I wouldn’t turn down an invitation to visit the 5 star Hôtel Le Strato in Courchevel 1850. Because deep inside, I knew that this would be a dreamlike winter getaway, and that I would need a break from the busy city life. After all, Courchevel is not only for ski lovers…
With that in mind, I hopped on a train that December morning, from Paris en route to Gare de Chambéry. From my very first day at Hôtel Le Strato Courchevel, I could recall the warm welcome by the reception. It started with a welcome snack, which was very much needed after a 3 hour train ride. I was also given a tour of the hotel that helped me orientate myself with the premises and felt excited for what was about to happen in the next days.
On the first day, we visited the village and took photos in front of a huge Christmas tree, then we returned to the hotel to enjoy the heated indoor pool, followed by dinner. The next day, we ventured out to the mountains.
Although the whole experience was utterly dreamy, here are a few of my favorite moments and things that I would like to share with you:
- Gazing the mountains from the balcony of my room.
- Aperitif next to a cozy fireplace! Double pleasure!
- One hour body massage at the Sothys Spa!
- Dining at Michelin starred Baumanière 1850 restaurant! That was an absolute highlight of my stay, and reminded me of the good times at restaurant L’Oustau de Baumanière in Provence.
- My bathroom…white marble everywhere and huge mirrors!
- The lighting system in the room was the best I’ve ever seen so far in a hotel.
- The mix of modern and antique interior objects in the room.
If only life could always be like this…unfortunately after 3 nights of staying at Hôtel Le Strato Courchevel 1850, I had to say goodbye and get back to my busy city life again.
I hope you enjoyed these photos and inspired you to visit this charming property at the foot of the slopes in Courchevel 1850.
More on Instagram!