20 things that I like to do in Italy
1. Being able to understand everything that the Italians say, especially when they talk about you and they think that you don’t understand them. It is such a blast.
2. Getting lost in the small streets of Venice without having a map in hand. Just listen to your instinct and let yourself be surprised.
3. Eat eat eat. Everywhere and everything. With an emphasis to Pizza, spaghetti, gelato, mozzarella and prosciutto.
4. Drinking Martini Asti. Every moment is appropriate for a glass of Martini Asti.
5. Shopping at Camomilla in Via del Corso. Don’t go with your boyfriend because it is very possible that he will get sick of all these pink girly stuff.
6. Missing the last train to Perugia and trying to figure out where to spend the night in Rome.
7. Sitting in the steps of Piazza di Spagna for hours.
8. Eating cannoli and cassata in Sicily.
9. Having a ride in a scooter in Rome like Audrey Hepburn did in “Vacation in Rome”.
10. Driving a vintage Fiat 500! They are just so cute and funny!
11. Having my own apartment behind the University of Perugia.
12. Discovering all the small villages in Umbria and Toscana.
13. Acting spontaneously because you are a tourist and it is all permitted. In the end, whatever happens in Italy stays in Italy.
14. Shopping in Via Montenapoleone in Milano. Your credit card will suffer.
15. Feeling the romance in Piazza Michelangelo in Florence.
16. Exploring Florence on a bicycle.
17. Eating “Bistecca alla fiorentina” in Florence.
18. Having crazy summer nights in Amalfi and the Costiera Amalfitana.
19. Feeling the beautiful chaos of Napoli listening to the song “Una notte a Napoli” of Pink Martini.
20. Small talks with Old Italian ladies who get excited when tourists can speak their own language. Be prepared to receive a dozen questions about who you are, where you come from, and why you speak Italian etc.
Do you have similar experiences in Italy?
The Viennese Girl goes to Italy