I know it has been quite quiet here lately but after I came back from holidays to Vienna, one event was coming after another, and instead of sitting home and working in front of the computer the evenings, I was drinking champagne and Bellini in beautiful terraces in Vienna. Who wouldn’t, right?
Now that I write this, I am back to Vienna, reminiscing about the August moments when I was doing nothing but chasing the best sunset day after day and was smitten with every beach and every village on a Greek island.
Those are the last Samos photos on The Viennese Girl blog for this year…I remember very well those summer days when I took those photos, the heat, how much I was sweating and how hard I was trying to stay indoors in the night to work for The Viennese Girl blog. Those August moments are now nothing but after summer blues. And the worst is that I am afraid that those August memories will haunt me the following 10 months until summer gets back.♥
During my holidays in Samos I visited Proteas Blu resort. As I am a sucker for travel photography and interior design, it was inevitable to take pictures on my visit of such a dreamy resort for The Viennese Girl blog. Everything was so peaceful, so relaxing and purely elegant. Everything was screaming SUMMER and I was totally in my element.
Now back to Vienna, reminiscing about those moments, I look out of the window of my little room in Vienna and there is neither sea nor blue skies on the horizon. But I had a good time in Proteas Blu Resort. It was so fun taking those photos and wish that I will get the chance to get back there soon in the near future. #seayousoon
More on Instagram
I was surprised to find out on Instagram, where I have the chance to interact with some of you, that many people are interested in the beautiful island of Samos and were asking for Samos tips. I promised in another blog post that I will write down and share my knowledge on The Viennese Girl blog, so here we go:
- first of all, if you intend to explore the island and you don’t want to spend your holidays just relaxing in your hotel, you will need to rent a car. Samos is not a small island, public transportation doesn’t help that much and cabs are very expensive.
- If I had to choose where to stay I would stay in Pythagorio.You can understand why if you check my photos here.
- My favourite cafes in Pythagorio: Enigma (they don’t have a website) and 2spoons.
- If you are looking for a hotel with a wonderful view to Pythagorio, then go to Hera2hotel.
- Remember to visit my friends Stella and Eva who have the loveliest fashion store in Pythagorio called 2the little store.
- For evening strolls visit those three villages: Pythagorio, Kokkari and Ireon. They are all by the sea.
- Locals says that the best taverna in Samos is Triantafillos. It is located in Palaiokastron. I went there last summer and it was super nice and the food was amazing. Just remember to reserve a table to avoid last minute disappointments.
- If you are looking for anything, a coffee place, a restaurant, your hotel, just ask the locals. Ask them. They will be happy to help you.
- There is an open air cinema in Mitilinious. No matter what film they play, this is a unique experience on a Greek island.
- If you are looking for beach bars, then head to Asterias in Potokaki and to Navagos in Tsamadu beach.
- Samos is not like Mykonos. Of course there are bars and night life but don’t expect to find the same nightlife here as in Mykonos. I would say that Samos is a romantic destination for couples, ideal for families and for group of friends who aren’t party animals 🙂
- If you are looking for history and culture then go to the Temple of Hera in Ireon, to the Archeological Museum in Vathi and to the Tunnel of Eupalinos where you also get a very nice view of Pythagorio and of course you will take a picture in front of the statue of Pythagoras.
- What I really love: the bakery in Pythagorio that you will go after midnight. It is on a side street…
I hope this blog post will be helpful for your holidays in Samos and if your holidays are over and you get back to your country and have after holidays blues, then you should know that you are not the only one ♥
Those are some of the photos that I took in the last days in Samos. It is very hot here and when it’s so hot, either you stay somewhere in a shadow or you spend the whole day on the beach until the sunset. I bet you don’t want to take photos moving around and sweat like a pig, like I did.
Those photos where taken in Vathi and Pythagorio. More precisely, the photo with the spectacular view of Pythagorio was taken from the balcony of Hera 2 Hotel in Pythagorio and this is one more Samos tip, just in case you are thinking of visiting Samos and looking for a hotel with views to Pythagorio, then this hotel is for you.
And if you come to Greece, remember this word: kalimera (in Greek: καλημέρα). Kalimera means both Good morning and Have a nice day. ♥